Our Leadership Workshops
The Ontario Ministry of Education recently set out a policy framework for Environmental Education in Ontario Schools. . .
This policy framework provides guidance to school boards and schools in developing or revising environmental education policy, teaching environmental literacy, and enhancing the development of more environmentally responsible practices. In the hands of an appropriately experienced educator, these guidelines can support students in acquiring the knowledge, skills, perspectives and practices to become more active, engaged, and environmentally responsible citizens.
Schools have a vital role to play in preparing our young people to take their place as informed, engaged, and empowered citizens who will be pivotal in shaping the future of our communities, our province, our country, and our global environment.
Ontario Ministry of Education, “Shaping Our Schools, Shaping Our Future”, p. 1
Are you a principal, administrator, or teacher who wants:
- Your work to have a more direct relationship to the environment?
- To enhance your ability to contextualize environmental content within the curriculum?
- To better connect and communicate environmental knowledge?
- To expand your capacity to be creative, promote success, and connect with students?
- To offer meaningful opportunities for environmental engagement and education?
Eco-Leadership is an opportunity to develop the skills needed to lead in today’s changing world.
We offer programs for individuals focused on empowering decisions, and courses on facilitation skills for those in the business of leading green initiatives. These programs will deepen your understanding of the issues that we all face, and help you to address environmental considerations in your work. Your facilitation and leadership skills will be strengthened. Your level of confidence in bringing new ideas forward will be enhanced. Your own sense of empowerment will be reinforced as you deepen your personal understanding of the natural world.
- Learn how to include environmental issues and concerns in your work
- Enhance your ability to assist others in understanding environmental principles
- Deepen your connection to nature
- Learn to think holistically
NOTE: Eco Leadership Training is not about environmental issues, recycling, or composting; it is about underlying concepts, practices, and developing a comprehensive understanding of how we fit into natural systems as whole beings. To help others succeed we are continually challenged to learn more about ourselves. It is about growing yourself to engage ecologically with curriculum, students, and school systems.