The Internex that Wouldn't Die
In the spirit of keeping Internex alive in all of our agonisingly nostalgic
memories, collected here are various excerpts from the io.* newsgroups,
and the infamous srh mailing list. These tidbits are served up randomly
in bite-size portions. Some io.Scientists have concluded that one a day
keeps ACC.monster at bay.
Quotes updated: can't remember.
The loose criteria applied to the collecting of the current collection
- Messages of some humour -- although many chuckles could be somewhat
- Nostalgic pieces, containing bits and pieces of io.Rumour, io.Lore,
or even actual io.History,
- The requisite ACk / ICAN't / GreenBlight bashing we all love, cherish,
and desperately need (including some of the most classic examples of stupidity,
ignorance and mismanagement),
- Small sections, seldom more than a paragraph, for the sake of brevity.
Never forget the Brian Tao's (Internex Online's infamous ex-SysAdmin)
original ex-IO web
page, home of the Internet Expatriot "Where are They Now" collection.
- Many quotes have been cut down somewhat mercilessly, in keeping with
the goal of bite-sizedness. Hopefully context, or surrouding good stuff,
isn't completely lost in too many cases,
- All quotes retain their basic To/From/Date headers. I have assumed
that these quotes are fair game, having been posted in public forums. If
you want your name removed from your quotes, for whatever reason, or your
quotes removed altogether, let me know,
- The quotes are being collected in reverse chronological order, basically
-- eventually reaching as far back as my archives go (which isn't extremely
far -- if anyone has really old io.general archives I could browse, let
me know -- or if you would like to make submissions, go ahead).
- Some quotes may seem to contradict each other, or have factual or
contextual errors. There is no CABAL.